Veterans Day - November 11
2016 National Veterans Day Regional Sites
The Veterans Day National Committee recognizes select Veterans Day observances throughout the country that represent fitting tributes to America’s heroes serve as models for other communities to follow in planning their own observances.
Be one of them! Veterans Day Event Coordinators, apply for “Regional Site” designation!
You will receive:
- Official recognition from the Secretary of Veterans Affairs
- A message from the Secretary for your event programs and materials
- A supply of the National Veterans Day posters
- Support from DoD (when available)
- Official recognition as a model event that has strong links to Veterans Service Organizations and your community and effectively increases awareness of VA and its programs
Criteria for Regional Site Status:
- Dedicated solely to honoring the men and women who served in the United States Armed Forces
- Supported by a Veterans Service Organization(s) (VSOs)
- Supported by city, county, town or municipal authorities
- Incorporates schools, universities, and other community organizations
National Veterans Day Ceremony
The Veterans Day National Ceremony is held each year on November 11th at Arlington National Cemetery . The ceremony commences precisely at 11:00 a.m. with a wreath laying at the Tomb of the Unknowns and continues inside the Memorial Amphitheater with a parade of colors by veterans' organizations and remarks from dignitaries. The ceremony is intended to honor and thank all who served in the United States Armed Forces.
Download the National Ceremony Visitor Information here.
Veterans Day National Committee
The Veterans Day National Committee also selects a number of regional sites for Veterans Day observances throughout the country. From stirring parades and ceremonies to military exhibits and tributes to distinguished veterans, these events serve as models for other communities to follow in planning their own observances.
For Teachers & Students
- Veterans Day History
- Poster Gallery
- Take a Vet to School Day
- Veterans History Project
- Veterans Day Speakers
- Volunteering at VA