Veterans Health Administration
Talking Spiritual about Moral Injury
VA chaplains help Veterans in many ways, including invisible injuries. Read how one New York VA chaplain works with Veterans dealing with moral injury, helping them cope with memories they push away.
VA Medical Centers
The Veterans Health Administration is home to the United States’ largest integrated health care system consisting of 152 medical centers.
VA, Affordable Care Act & You
Find out how the new health care law affects Veterans’ health care at VA.
Grants for Adaptive Equipment
Servicemembers and Veterans with service-connected ALS are now entitled to automobile and special adaptive equipment grants.
Providing Health Care for Veterans
The Veterans Health Administration is America’s largest integrated health care system with over 1,700 sites of care, serving 8.76 million Veterans each year.
Were you at Camp Lejeune between 1957 and 1987?
You may be eligible for VA health care. From the 1950s through the 1980s, people living or working at the U.S. Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, were potentially exposed to drinking water contaminated with industrial solvents, benzene, and other chemicals.
New health benefits
Under a law signed Aug. 6, 2012 (215 KB), Veterans and family members who served on active duty or resided at Camp Lejeune for 30 days or more between Jan. 1, 1957 and Dec. 31, 1987 may be eligible for medical care through VA for 15 health conditions.
Learn more about Camp Lejeune health benefits and which conditions are covered.
VA Access Audit
VA is already taking corrective action to address issues resulting from the audit. Read about the Access Audit »
Affordable Care Act
Find out how the new health care law affects Veterans’ health care at VA. Read about the Affordable Care Act »
Stories from Medical Centers
In the News
- At VA hospitals, training and technology reduce nurses’ injuries
- Researchers in Cleveland VA Medical Center make prosthetic hand which can ‘feel’ and ‘touch’
- VA opens first clinic at Orlando medical center
- Tracey Belliveau: My father’s hospice care at Northampton VA came with compassion — and cats
- Menlo Park affordable housing on the way as VA breaks ground on apartments for veterans
- New wheelchair gives paralyzed vets a chance to stand on their own
- VA hospital in Washington state targeted for construction money
VA is not responsible for external website content