News and Announcements
The Office of Survivors Assistance would like to utilize this space to provide you with information that may be helpful to you and your family. Content of this page will vary, but in general will relate to issues salient to the Survivor community, resources and benefits. Please check back regularly for updates.
If you have information or news that you would like to see added to to this web page, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dental coverage to be added to CHAMPVA.
- The White House recommends the Senate consider a fee increase on TRICARE benefits.
- A proposed Bill would extend CHAMPVA coverage to adult children up to the age of 26.
- Same sex couples may expect to see DOD benefits available by October 2013.
- A powerful story about a WWII widow's journey by CBS news.
- The 2010 Department of Defense Quadrenial Defense Report is available here for your review.
- Childhood Obesity treatable, preventable. Learn more at the Warrior Care Blog.
- 2013 Veterans COLA passes House.
- CNN recently featured a story from the perspective of a surviving child of a deceased Soldier. Click here to see it.
- A proposed bill would protect SBP for special needs kids that also require medicaid or social security.
- Federal Government expected to release new guidance on hiring of Military Spouses.
- 2012 Scholarships For Military Children Applications Available.
- A recent order strengthens the Army's Transition Assistance Program (TAP).
- Information about the 2012 Cost Of Living Adjustment (COLA) to VA Benefits for Veterans and Survivors.
- A recent article in the Army Times about proposed increases to TRICARE fees for services. Please click here for content.
- A recent article in Government Exec reporting survey information surrounding conscerns over TRICARE fees.