Veterans Point of Service
Veterans Point of Service (VPS) is a Veterans Health Administration (VHA) initiative that provides Veterans with convenient control of their own health information, while streamlining and standardizing basic patient-facing activities at VA medical centers and community-based clinics nationwide.
Whats New with VetLink Kiosks?
- Nearly 9 million Veterans have used VetLink kiosks
- 8.3 million successful interactions have occurred
- More than 3,200 kiosks have been deployed
VetLink is the first service offered by the VPS program. VetLink is a dynamic hardware and software system that was created to be intuitive and user-friendly. For staff, VetLink is an application to streamline patient flow and branch operations. VetLink software allows system administrators to track usage, update content and software, and receive alerts about any technical issues.
For Veterans, it is a self-service, touchscreen device that allows patients to perform tasks like check-in for appointments, review and update insurance details, and apply for beneficiary travel reimbursement, among other activities. Currently, there are three forms of kiosk devices: free-standing, desktop, and wall-mounted.
VetLink devices allow Veterans to –
- Check-in for scheduled appointments
- View future appointments
- Manage personal and insurance information
- More discreetly provide information they may view as sensitive, such as age or race/ethnicity
- Spend less time physically standing in lines (i.e., patient queuing)
- Apply for beneficiary travel mileage reimbursement
- Request medical records
- Manage their account balance
- Review and reconcile medication and allergy information for wellness and safety – coming soon!
The VetLink system increases customer satisfaction, promotes workflow efficiency, enhances data quality, and strengthens patient safety by –
- Reducing check-in waiting time
- Empowering Veterans to maintain accurate personal health record information (e.g., address, demographic information)
- Increasing seamless communication between the front desk and back offices of clinics
- Providing more flexibility and efficiency for VA staff as they serve Veterans
- Adding continuity to insurance capture activities
- Automating certain administrative processes, such as generating forms (e.g., release of information), wristbands and labels (e.g., labs) – coming soon!
Get Familiar with Kiosk: Simple Steps for Checking-In
- Select the "Check-in for Appointment" option.
- Use the bar code scanner to read your Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC). Forget your VHIC? You can also enter your social security number.
- Enter your date of birth and verify your identity.
- Update your address, phone number, and personal information using the touchscreen keypad, as needed.
- Confirm your appointment.
Where are Kiosks Now?
Here are the facilities where you will currently find kiosks. Please check back as more are added weekly.
In many facilities, VetLink Navigators (staff and/or volunteers) are available toassist you in these steps and offer any guidance needed with VetLink.
Looking for more information?
- Review our brochure ( en español )
- Return to this website for updates about kiosk locations, features, and functions.
Have feedback about VetLink kiosks or VPS overall? Email us at email@example.com.