Veteran Entrepreneur Portal
On this page:
Welcome to the Veteran Entrepreneur Portal, where you’ll find information for Veteran-Owned (VOSB), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned (SDVOSB), and Small Businesses.
Starting and Expanding a Business
Information for entrepreneurs interested in starting and expanding a business.
- Starting a Business - Resources to assist Veteran entrepreneurs start their own business.
- Funding and Financing - Although VA does not make loans or grants for Veteran business startup or expansion, we do provide resources for entrepreneurs to access.
- Franchising Opportunities - Access a growing list of franchising opportunities available to Veteran small businesses.
- Small Business Resource Partners - A listing of Small Business Resource Partners are available to assist with small business and entrepreneurship needs.
- Corporate Partnerships - Corporate Partnership Agreements are designed to help Veteran small business concerns with capacity building, past performance evaluation, and related small business activities.
- Training and Employment - Unique training and employment programs designed to engage and equip our nation’s Veteran population with tools for a bright and rewarding future.
- Resources and Tools - A compilation of government and commerical resources and tools available to small businesses.
- Mentor-Protégé Program - Provides developmental assistance to SDVOSB and VOSB that enhances their capabilities to perform as prime contractors and subcontractors on VA procurements.
Vets First Contracting Program
Information for Veteran entrepreneurs about VA’s unique authority for SDVOSB/VOSB set-aside and sole source Contracts.
Learn more about Verification
Information about VA’s acquisition program.
Learn more about OSDBU Strategic Outreach Program.
- News/Latest Buzz - Get the latest news from OSDBU.
- Direct Connect Program - Assists small businesses, specifically SDVOSBs and VOSBs, across the nation to connect and market their products and services to the VA.
- Opportunity Showcases - A way to assist VA Procurement Decision Makers (PDMs) with face to face market research for small businesses with specific NAICS codes for their future requirements.
- Conferences and Events - View the calendar for upcoming items of interest to the small business community
- List of VA Acronyms - Alphabet soup? Learn what those string of letters mean!
Small and Veteran Business Programs
Learn more about the Federal and VA socioeconomic programs.
Get more information about these programs
Small Business Administration (SBA) Resources
Additional resources available at SBA.
- Starting & Managing a Business - Are you thinking about starting a business of your own? Explore the topics on this site to learn the aspects of starting a business, plus find information you need to succeed.
- Loans & Grants - SBA offers a variety of loan programs for very specific purposes. Take some time to study the programs described on this site to see if you qualify to participate.
- Contracting with the Federal Government - There are several basic steps every company should complete to increase their ability to contract in the marketplace. This site provides resources to prepare for doing business with the government.
- Small Business Tools - SBA’s suite of tools can help you at any stage of your business venture. From initial counseling and business planning to contracting with the government and finding seminars to grow your business – there’s something for every entrepreneur to get the help they need.
- SBA Direct - Find what matters most to you.
Learn more about SBA