Our Progress So Far
Thanks to the ongoing efforts of VA and partners across the country, Veteran homelessness has been cut nearly in half since 2010. Learn more about our collective progress towards ending Veteran homelessness nationwide.
Hire A Veteran
Interested in hiring a Veteran? The Homeless Veterans Community Employment Services program is here to help. To learn more, contact a VA Community Employment Coordinator in your city.
No Veteran Should Be Without a Place to Call Home
VA is committed to ending homelessness among Veterans. Our focus is threefold:
- Conducting coordinated outreach to proactively seek out Veterans in need of assistance.
- Connecting homeless and at-risk Veterans with housing solutions, health care, community employment services and other required supports.
- Collaborating with federal, state and local agencies; employers; housing providers, faith-based and community nonprofits; and others to expand employment and affordable housing options for Veterans exiting homelessness.
- VA Honors Outstanding Achievements in Support of Homeless Veterans Programs
VA News Release | Posted July 12, 2017
- VA’s partnership with Salvation Army and Community Rebuilders recognized by ‘Connecting with Community’ awards program
VAntage Point | Posted June 27, 2017
- Partnering with VA to help homeless Veterans: How community groups can make a difference
VAntage Point | Posted June 23, 2017
- VA’s Enhanced-Use Lease program provides eligible Veterans with affordable supportive housing
VAntage Point | Posted May 23, 2017
- Veterans who are homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless can call or visit their local VA Medical Center or Community Resource and Referral Center where VA staff are ready to help.
- Veterans and their families may also call 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838) to access VA services.
- Explore www.va.gov/homeless to learn about VA programs for Veterans who are homeless and share that information with others.
Download posters, brochures, and other materials to reach out to Veterans and help VA end homelessness.